AuditDashboard makes it easy to set, modify and view Restricted Access, by request.
A common example of a request that you may want to set restrictions for would-be sensitive payroll documentation. Rather than making payroll documentation available to all professional and client users, access can be restricted to specific professional and client users within an engagement.
When a request is restricted to specific users, only those who have been granted access can see the request, including the details, history, comments, and files.
By default, professionals have the ability to set restrictions and clients have the ability to view restrictions.
When you’re setting up an engagement, it is important to confirm who should have access to AuditDashboard and if some requests should be restricted or not. It's important to have this conversation upfront so the same restrictions applied in the system are respected after the sensitive information is downloaded.
Setting and Modifying Restrictions (Professionals ONLY)
There are two ways for professionals to set or modify restrictions:
1. Restrictions can be set for individual requests by clicking on the request and then clicking on the "Restrict Access" button located in the right-hand side pane. If a restriction has been set, the button turns red and becomes visible to client users.
2. Restrictions can be set for multiple requests by selecting multiple requests and then clicking the "Restrict Multiple Access" icon located in the header.
Viewing Restrictions (Professionals and Clients)
There are three ways for professionals and clients to view Restricted Access rights:
1. Restrictions can be viewed for individual requests by clicking on the request and then clicking on the "Restricted" button located in the right-hand side pane.
2. Restrictions can be viewed for individual requests by clicking the "Restrict Multiple Access" icon located in the request table.
3. Restrictions can also be viewed for individual requests by downloading/exporting the request list by clicking the export button located in the header . The Request List Report now shows which requests are restricted and to whom they are restricted.